Are you a true-blooded Dabawenyo? How familiar are you with the places around Davao? Can you guide a total tourist when he asks you for a direction of a specific street?
Well, test yourself by answering some of the questions below.
1. The following are District names in Davao, except ______.
2. Bago Gallera belongs to ______ District in Davao City.
3. Which school (main campus) in Davao city is not located in the downtown area?
b) Brokenshire College
c) University of Mindanao
d) Davao Doctors College
If your answer to questions 1, 2 and 3 are b, c, and b, respectively, pat yourself at the back for you had just a perfect score! You have a good grasp of Davao’s geography. Well, as far as those three questions can tell.
For the rest of you who scored poorly on the quiz, you don’t have to despair. Here is another map on Davao City that can serve as your cheat sheet to some of the places you only hear about or some you may not even be aware of. Click on the image shown to get a better view of the map.
And sshhhh… if you know someone who hails from Davao, it’s your turn to test him or her. Try these:
1. Which place is nearer the city proper: Tibungco or Panacan?
2. Where is Mental located? North? South? (Oops, take note of the spelling. That’s Mental not Mintal. Confusing, huh?)