Welcome To DavaoTraveler.com
Note: We are currently making some updates on the website to make it more relevant to travelers and visitors in Davao. Please bear with us.
Since Day One, this website has been designed with you, The Davao Traveler, in mind. Our aim is to provide you with a very comprehensive online travel guide to Davao City.
Whether you are planning a trip to visit Davao for the first time, or thinking of going back again to this beautiful city in the southern Philippines, this website will provide you with a wealth of tourist and travel information.
Davao is the third most popular city in the Philippines following Manila and Cebu. It is considered as the center of trade and business in the southern part of the Philippines. In terms of tourism, it offers a lot of wonderful tourist destinations and world-class facilities for you to enjoy.
Its people, known as the Dabawenyo, are among the most friendly and hospitable in the world.
If you love traveling, Davao should be a part of your itinerary.
When in Davao, you can visit wonderful places like the beautiful white-sand beach resorts in the nearby Samal Island, the Philippine Eagle Foundation, the Eden Nature Park, and many other tourist spots.
Why Visit Davao City?
Watch this short video and get a sneak preview of what’s in store for you in Davao City.
Getting To Davao
The Davao International Airport serves daily flights from the major cities of the Philippines.
From Manila, Davao is only about 1 hour and 35 minutes.
From Cebu, Davao is a 55-minute flight. There are also flights from the nearby cities of Cagayan (35 minutes)
and Zamboanga (1 hour and 20 minutes).
Domestic Airline Companies fly to Davao City from the major cities of the Philippines. Checkout daily domestic flight schedules to and from Davao.
Bi-weekly flights direct to and from Singapore and Manado, Indonesia are also available. From other countries, you can reach Davao via Cebu or Manila.
Important Davao City Travel Links :
- Davao Small Hotels Room Rates Comparison — if you are looking for inexpensive hotel accommodation in Davao, here are some of the best small hotels in Davao city with room rates, hotel address and contact details.
- Domestic Flights To and From Davao — Domestic Flight schedules of PAL, Air Philippines and Cebu Pacific in and out of Davao.
- Domestic Travel Insurance — Travel Insurance Offering of Philam Life Group here in the Philippines.
- Davao Travel Agencies — A list of the best travel agencies in Davao City who can assist you in your travel needs both in-bound and out-bound. The list contains their addresses and contact numbers.
- Davao City Quick Facts — Get summarized information about Davao City.
Your comments would be very helpful to future travellers in Davao.
Quick Tips On Getting Around Davao
From the Davao International Airport, the city propery is only about a 15-minute drive. Like most major cities in the Philippines, in Davao you will also find the colorful jeepneys traveling through the busy streets of the city.If you are in a hurry, you may consider getting a taxi. Both air-conditioned and non-aircontioned taxis are available. And don’t forget to ask the taxi driver to use the meter.
It is very safe to go around Davao as long as you follow some common sense rules. For added security, our our travel tips might prove to be useful.
Want to go downtown?
First, familiriaze yourself with the old street names in Davao City.